The Pickup Mute™ combines a high-performance mute with an internal microphone to pickup sound. Significantly smaller and lighter than previous versions, the mute offers superior muting performance, delivers excellent intonation over a wide pitch range, and natural playability. A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell. (*Please note that the Pickup Mute™ may not fit some instruments with significantly different bell shapes or bell diameters. Please check before purchasing.)
Pickup Mute™ for French Horn (does not include Personal Studio™)
- Easy To Attach And Remove
New mutes are designed to attach and remove smoothly and easily.
- Fits Neatly Inside the Bell
A new compact design now lets you put your instrument in its case with the mute in the bell. *Depending upon instrument type and model it may not fit in some cases. Please check the Compatibility Table for more information.
Significantly lighter than previous models, these new mutes offer better instrument balance when in the bell and greatly reduce stress when playing.
- Specially Designed Mini Microphone
Microphone performance, its mounting position, and the surrounding mute design were all optimized to bring out the full potential of Brass Resonance Modeling.
|Dimensions (Diameter x Length)||129 × 216mm (5-1/16" x 8-1/2")|
|Weight||195g (6.9 oz.)|
|Internal Microphone||Electric condenser microphone|
|Pickup Output Jack||Mini phone jack|
|Brass Resonance Modeling™||Yes|
|Included Accessories||Cable, Owner’s Manual|
In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing. No applicable models of Piccolo Trumpets, Alto Horns, Baritones, Alto Horns, Bass Trombones, or Marching Brass (with the exception of some Marching Brass and Marching Euphoniums).
Instrument : Pickup Mute™ fits into the bell, Fine Intonation
Original Case : The instrument fits into the original case with Pickup Mute™
|French Horn||Bell Size MS||YHR-869D/GD, YHR-881/D, YHR-882/D, YHR-891/D, YHR-892/D||?£ö|
|Bell Size M||YHR-314II, YHR-320, YHR-322II, YHR-567/D/GDB, YHR-667/D, YHR-671/D, YHR-87/D, YHR-871/D||?£ö||*|
|Bell Size ML||YHR-667V/VS||?£ö||?£ö|
|Bell Size L||YHR-822GD, YHR-832GD, YHR-841GD, YHR-851GD||?£ö|
|Bell Size LL||YHR-668/DII/N/ND, YHR-868GD||?£ö||*|
* For detachable horns, can be stored in the storage compartment in the case.
- In some cases, the Pickup Mute™ may not fit instruments that have significantly different bell diameters and/or shapes. Please check before purchasing.
- The Pickup Mute™ is not compatible with Marching Mellophones, Marching French Horns, Alto (Tenor) Horns, or Baritones.
- The Pickup Mute™ cannot be stored in the cases of French Horns with detachable bells.
- Always remove the Pickup Mute™ from the instrument if the instrument is to be stored for an extended period of time.
- Please note that Brass Resonance Modeling™ is only available when the STX Personal Studio™ is combined with a PM3X/5X/6X/7X Pickup Mute™. It is not available with any other Personal Studio™ or Pickup Mute™ models.
- SILENT Brass™, Personal Studio™, Pickup Mute™, Brass Resonance Modeling™, and SILENT Brass™ logo are all trademarks owned by the Yamaha Corporation.